Today, 07:24
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
Riding Since
Published in: Gear

Wolfman B Base & Rolie intro

We all know how vital saddlebags are for adventure riding, but what if we could create our own setups? The freedom to choose the appropriate size of bags for every ride sounds like a win.

I’m no stranger to Wolfman saddlebags, having used them for several years. The only drawback is they’re not fully waterproof. That has changed with their new Radio Frequency Welding (RF Welding) technology and custom 840d TPU fabric. Wolfman offers two Base systems; I chose the B Base for bigger adventure bikes. The construction of the Base is very sturdy, with D-rings for multiple attachment points throughout. The new Rolie bags are a huge step up from the previous iteration. Durability has improved along with a new style of yellow highlights to give them a nice look.

Wolfman Rackless Saddle Bags Review 1

Installing the system was a little confusing at first; good thing Wolfman has instructional videos on Youtube to help. Starting with the Base, you use three straps to fasten it down. When securely tightened, you add the Rolie bags. Rolie bags have two straps that run through the back and cinch to the Base. The final step is dealing with the excess straps that require cinching out of the way. It took about 30 minutes for me to complete the install and it was a smooth process.

With bags attached, I loaded my gear and headed off to a local mountain loop to test just how well the three-strap system held up. Sure enough, up and down the mountain on some of the more challenging routes there was no shifting around the Base. The bike felt much lighter and more agile with this setup, too. The width of the packed Rolies does not exceed the width of my handlebars, which adds confidence around tight turns. Since I live in California, the bulk of my ADV rides are within arm’s reach, making this setup for lighter weekend trips all the more appealing.

Wolfman Rackless Saddle Bags Review 2

It’s liberating not having to deal with racks. And my bike looks better with a slim set of bags that work perfectly for my riding style. I’m more of an aggressive rider, and have noticed that the bike feels controllable without excessive weight on the tail. I’m enjoying the new setup, which also makes splitting lanes easier.

Wolfmanluggage.com

MSRP:
B Base WP $179.99 | Small Rolie $74.99 | Medium Rolie $84.99 | Large Rolie $104.99 | Kiowa II Heat Shield $39.99

Note: You’ll need three Rolies to complete the B Base.

PROS:

• Waterproof
  • Easy installation
  • Rackless
  • Adjustable sizes

CONS:

• Strap management
  • Losing back seat for a passenger

Continue reading...

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom