Administrator
Local time
Today, 05:57
First Name
Dave
My Ride
Speedmaster
Riding Since
Well I have not been riding for some time now due to an issue with my shoulder, so as to be expected the Speedmaster now needs a bit of TLC.

As I don't really have the tools and place to work on the bike I now need to get someone to do the work for me. The thing is I also want to pay using my garage card as this is how I track all my expenses on my vehicles so off I got to find a shop that could help me out. The following work is needed after standing for so long.
  • New Battery
  • Fuel line cleaned out as it seems to have a bit of dirt in that area as I have fuel leaking out the carbs
  • Replace fused indicator bulb
  • Then just a general going through to make sure everything else is ok.
Not rocket science for anyone that has an once of bike knowledge. We now also only really have two dealers in town. Yamaha and a mixed bunch with Suzuki being their main brand, they were the Triumph dealers at one time. I also wanted to try and support the small business owners in our current time.

So the first shop I contact the poor guy had passed away, not sure of what but I suppose maybe Covid. The second guy did not take card payment and the third guy only works on modern bikes know nothing about a bike with carbs. So now I am getting desperate so I contact the what was the old Triumph Dealer. Send then an email with my list yesterday first thing and just nothing. First thing this morning I contact them on their WhatsApp number. The sales person comes right back to me and tell me to forward the mail to him. This I do right away and by 16:30 still nothing. So I contact him on the WhatsApp number again and he is surprised they have not contacted me as yet.

So at 16:30 I contact the Yamaha dealer and they will be picking the bike up on Tuesday.

So if I ever need to purchase a new bike I suppose it will be a Yamaha from Xtreme Yamaha

It's unfortunate that you had to jump through so many hoops.
We're spoiled over here where there are plenty of reliable shops - speaking of my own area which now includes a Triumph dealership.

We really don't have much here and it is not as if we live in a tiny town out in the sticks someplace.

At over one million people, your city is more than twice the size of my city so yes, you would think there would be more dealers or service people.

The next larger city is aroung 750KM away and also the nearest Triumph dealer as far as I know.

Ah, the modern world Dave. Where the customer is just an annoyance.

Ah, the modern world Dave. Where the customer is just an annoyance.
It is something that is hard to accept these days comming from a time when service was always top priority.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom