XRt Distinct Vibration

Cajun

Local time
Today, 01:49
First Name
Tim
My Ride
2019 Tiger XRt
I traded a 2016 Trophy SE for a new 2019 800 XRt. I’ve noticed a very pronounced vibration in the seat and bars that comes in around 4300 rpms and leaves around 5000rpms. Since my Trophy was very smooth I was wondering if this is something peculiar to the 800.

My 2012 800XC does not do that. It is smooth. I would suspect tires.

My 2012 800XC does not do that. It is smooth. I would suspect tires.
It does it in every gear at that particular rpm.

Not tires then; that is interesting.

Yes sir. Is to me too. I’m a long distance truck driver currently in Oklahoma headed home tomorrow. I’ve spent a couple thousand miles meditating on it. I’m wondering if something was left loose when it was assembled at the dealership. I carried my Trophy into the same dealership for the 20,000 mile service just before heading out west. Before I got 200 miles stuff started falling off. Had to turn around and limp her back home. Maybe that same mechanic assembled this one.

I would definitely take it back to the dealer. Please let us know what you find.

I would definitely take it back to the dealer. Please let us know what you find.
Will do. Thanks for your interest. We’ll figure it out.

Was this brand new when you purchased and how many miles on it now?

Brand new. 3600 miles now.

Definitely take it back to the dealer!

Well....I found my vibration and I’m both glad and a little red faced. I decided to check everything before going to the dealer. The most pronounced area was in the seat so I started there. When I removed the pillion seat I immediately saw the problem. The seat had been installed without inserting the isolators into their respective sockets. Or in other words the seat was setting directly on the frame amplifying the normal engine resonance. Installing the seat correctly gave me a brand new bike.

Glad to hear your problem is solved, no matter silly the solution was.

Good idea you checked it out yourself, saved alot of time and effort + makes you feel good to!!!

Glad you found the issue and it was an easy fix.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom