1999 Triumph Adventurer Passenger Seat-rest

Ithel

Premium Member
Local time
Today, 09:19
My Ride
1999 Triumph Adventurer
Riding Since
Seat rests seem hard to come by. I've found a few OEM but they are cost-prohibitive ($500+) My wife wants to ride with me but wants something to at least make her feel more secure.
But not for $500.

Has anyone found an alternative seat-rest?

Thanks

Found one on ebay for $240 for the Sport. Here's hoping I can get it to work.

Found one on ebay for $240 for the Sport. Here's hoping I can get it to work.
Post a picture and give a report on how it works out.

Well it isn't compatible after all. Still looking. (And now I have a Triumph backrest for Legend/Sport. After shipping cost me $280. If anyone needs lmk)
The Adventurer is a bit wider and the place to secure the seat to the frame is vertical, whereas this backrest is angled. If it were the backrest that was too
wide, I would try to use spacers to make it work anyway, but it's the other way around and I see no way of mounting it.

Last edited:
If anyone has successfully used something other than an OEM Triumph backrest on their Adventurer, it would be helpful to hear what worked for you, brand, source, make/model if it was something for a different bike. Thanks.

Sold the backrest on ebay, at a loss naturally because that's my m.o. heh

Glad you were able to sell it.

Seat rests seem hard to come by. I've found a few OEM but they are cost-prohibitive ($500+) My wife wants to ride with me but wants something to at least make her feel more secure.
But not for $500.

Thanks
I found an OEM back rest with a luggage rack on eBay for $300. I just kept looking every day until one appeared and I snatched it up. Just have to be patient. IMG_0874.jpeg

But not for $500.

Thanks
Hermeys Triumph Estore does carry those.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom