2017 T120 X pipe and TBR slip ons

At the time I was following the project many had tried to open the ECM to stop the throttle closing but none were successful. Apparently newer motorcycles of all brands will be similar for emission ,etc reasons . They will rev past the throttle closing by 800 rpm or so but the throttles are not wide open so HP continues to dive no matter what the rpm.

Got in a nice ride today. The T120 runs real nice. Pulls hard and smoothe , very fast to 160 kmph. It feels like it will do 200 kmph , I know it does 180 pretty easy. Lot more fun to ride now. Got my 39 tooth sproket on Friday, will get that on near month end. I found shifting just before 6500 works great.

Glad you got a good ride in. The bike sounds great.

Put the 39 tooth sprocket on and a nice new gold and black chain. Yes better . 150 rpm gain. I did the math and the tack said the same. Fuel economy still great . Pulls harder in all gears, really nice in 5th and 6th. Nice change. A 42 tooth would be great for boulavard cruiser. 39 is nice all around. I like it.

Shiny new sprocket from A&J Cycle and chain from Argyle Motorsports .

Attachments

• 20190830_175649.jpg
    20190830_175649.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 16
Looks good! TUP

Got in a good ride today 200 miles. Fall air. The T120 pulls awsome now. 6th gear pulls hard. The whole combo is running sweet. Totally different bike. The acceleration in 6th gear is really good. Picks front wheel easily.

They
The Snorkel on the T120 sticks a long way into the air box. So the air comes in one side down the long pipe and hits the other side of the air box , because the snorkel is so long , then has to turn down and go around a deflector to the air filter. I wonder how it would run if I cut the snorkel shorter so it jut fits in the gasket. Will try it .
They do the long drop bend to drop out gulped water and also mixture drops out. There is usually drain hose.

Put the 39 tooth sprocket on and a nice new gold and black chain. Yes better . 150 rpm gain. I did the math and the tack said the same. Fuel economy still great . Pulls harder in all gears, really nice in 5th and 6th. Nice change. A 42 tooth would be great for boulavard cruiser. 39 is nice all around. I like it.
Because it was set lean at low throttle opening , may I suggest , someone just have a look at the plugs , after a cruise on am low speed Freeway. Also would not hurt , to check that the Exhaust valves , are not getting too hot and Pistons are same.
All done like a good Surgeon , through the Plug Hole.

I have a powercomander 5 on it and dynoed. Unless the powercomander died it was set up ok.

Got in a good ride today 200 miles. Fall air. The T120 pulls awsome now. 6th gear pulls hard. The whole combo is running sweet. Totally different bike. The acceleration in 6th gear is really good. Picks front wheel easily.
That is great to hear. TUP TUP

Checked the air fuel mix today 13.98 still

Hopefully i get theses or better numbers

Attachments

• tec cam.jpeg
    tec cam.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 5
Got the Tec Bike Cam. Looks nice. Should with shipping it cost me $704. Canadian Dollars. Dropping Bike off this week to have it installed and dynoed.

Did you get it from the USA distributor?

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom