Advice On Parking!

I was a Concealed Carry Instructor for a number of years. With the exception of Duty To Retreat jurisdictions you have to be under assault for deadly force implementation. It's that simple, regardless of state.
Absolutely. I have a carry license in Texas. My instructor was a law enforcement officer. The best takeaway was, it’s better to be a good witness. The nuances and legal points are not going to be well represented in our discussion here. I don’t believe we are in disagreement. As I’ve said know your state laws.

That depends on your state. I’m not advocating shoot first or anything of the sort. Simply that each state has its own laws and if you feel you are in imminent danger of losing your life you can defend yourself with deadly force. If I’m in my car boxed in and someone comes to threaten my life at least in Texas it would not be a stretch to say I have a right to defend myself. I doubt I would even need to try to flee, not everyone is physically capable of escaping. As I said before, know your state laws. I don’t look up other states, but I’m pretty sure of mine. I think this topic has diverged enough. LoL.
You'd probably strain your should again shooting.

(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞

My advice, if you’re lost and need help, go to a police station, a fire station or any public convenience. Think how your actions could be seen and don’t assume things are as they are at home
With respect, if lost, I'd not know where a police or fire station is. I wouldn't even if not lost.
I've been to four cities in the US. Not in deprived areas, but did walk around. Not drive around. Never felt an any threat. Obviously took care like anywhere.
I would approach people/a property if needing assistance. Standing around looking lost wouldn't be a good strategy anyway.
The likelihood of dying from gun violence is extremely low in the US. Sometimes perception can be more damaging to mind and body than actuality.

Just dial 9-1-1. AFAIK calling that # will GPS your location to dispatch even if you've disabled that function on your phone. Might not work on a foreign phone, though. Depending on the town they may or may not dispatch a cop to your location. I wouldn't hold my breath in like 99% of the cities.

Things have changed drastically here in places like NYC, Frisco, Denver, etc. You're not safe anymore.

If you come here these days I'd strongly advise formulating a "go to Hell" plan in urban areas. I/E- What to do if you get split up, quick phone access to emergency services, maintain situational and geographic awareness(street names, landmarks etc), designate a leader, and don't stray off the beaten path.

With respect, if lost, I'd not know where a police or fire station is. I wouldn't even if not lost.
I've been to four cities in the US. Not in deprived areas, but did walk around. Not drive around. Never felt an any threat. Obviously took care like anywhere.
I would approach people/a property if needing assistance. Standing around looking lost wouldn't be a good strategy anyway.
The likelihood of dying from gun violence is extremely low in the US. Sometimes perception can be more damaging to mind and body than actuality.
Any store or gas station would be my advice, it just isn’t good to go knocking on doors. Not anymore anyway especially not after sundown. If you are waking people up the results are likely not going to be positive. I had a girl come to my door late at night once asking to use a phone claimed she was lost and needed help. My front door is a strait flight up. I sneaked a look down the stair and caught a glimpse of two men trying to hide behind the corner. No doubt waiting to rush up once I opened the door. I simply told her to walk to the gas station two blocks down. From my perspective we here have a violence problem and trying to frame our problems as “gun” violence is simplistic and non productive. I don’t know if these people were armed or not, but I didn’t owe them access to my home or to risk my safety.

You'd probably strain your should again shooting.

(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞
I’ve been told by my therapist that I’d be ready to ride way before going to the range to shoot. I’ll take her advice and hope nothing makes me need to reach for a gun. So no shooting for me. My wife is actually a pretty good shot and she has access. LoL.

Just dial 9-1-1. AFAIK calling that # will GPS your location to dispatch even if you've disabled that function on your phone. Might not work on a foreign phone, though. Depending on the town they may or may not dispatch a cop to your location. I wouldn't hold my breath in like 99% of the cities.

Things have changed drastically here in places like NYC, Frisco, Denver, etc. You're not safe anymore.

If you come here these days I'd strongly advise formulating a "go to Hell" plan in urban areas. I/E- What to do if you get split up, quick phone access to emergency services, maintain situational and geographic awareness(street names, landmarks etc), designate a leader, and don't stray off the beaten path.
Sadly absolutely agree with this advice.

Boy this thread took a detour! Perhaps a Triumph pic! Usually keep a dust cover on.
B3EA7586-58D1-40F4-B93D-3A6D038E0E0E.jpeg

I agree with you Sikatri, it was time to move on to another subject and your great looking Thruxton is the perfect subject.
That has to look stunning and racy zipping down the road and you grinning ear to ear inside your helmet BGRIN

My bike might be rewired by tomorrow. I'll take a pic under the thirty-year old green-canvas cover.
Left my Motoguzzi California every day and night under it, no corrosion, no theft. Rode it every day, covered when got home, in the city on the street. Never scorched from pipes.

Good luck with the wiring TUP
I have a garage to keep my bikes in during the summer. In the winter they are stored inside my basement with just and old bedsheet as a cover against dust.
The garage floor is a very thick concrete slab and holds the heat/cold very well. If the air becomes humid, I run an electric fan to disturb the air and keep moisture from forming on the bikes.

Show me your dust covers might be a good segway! LoL.
EBB0FA33-5496-4E2C-A72F-31C21714FA62.jpeg
Usual covering. This cat is now indoor only. Other cats possibly on it now.344A6FD5-D80C-46E0-9C2D-F48538058196.jpeg
Partially covered while working too.

Nice that you have a watchcat for your bike ROTFL

Nice that you have a watchcat for your bike ROTFL
We have three visitors that seem to like our garage, we put food and water for them. I think the motorcycle offers nice high ground. Yep, watch cats are good to have. LoL.

The current house we're in doesn't have a garage so I typically keep my bikes at my warehouse. On the occasional night that I bring one home I'll slap my disc lock on it and cover it up. I just got this for my disc lock dummy cable. I've never even come close to riding off with the lock on but the tag couldn't hurt.

Pilots will get it.

0.jpeg

My bike might be rewired by tomorrow. I'll take a pic under the thirty-year old green-canvas cover.
Left my Motoguzzi California every day and night under it, no corrosion, no theft. Rode it every day, covered when got home, in the city on the street. Never scorched from pipes.
Took a while, the wiring.
Never guess there's a lovely bike under my cover ...

IMG_20230517_190710.jpg

In Houston anything left outside like that would likely start rusting. It’s not the greatest climate here.
I live within a stone's throw of the Atlantic Ocean, so the salt air is always with us. In the summer, my bikes are uncovered in my ventilated garage, but you still need to be aware of surface rust that sneaks in.

In Houston anything left outside like that would likely start rusting. It’s not the greatest climate here.
Yeah, but wouldn't get stolen. Also, it's like a canvas tent. It breathes, it's waterproof (except at points of contact).

I use it to keep my chromed Meriden bike outside in summer, protects from dew, light rain, stuff thrown over my wall, and pigeon droppings. Wouldn't use it for this bike all year. Very good for what you want though. Protects from sun, beady eyes, does not scorch on hot pipes.

And it's durable. Had it decades.

Yeah, but wouldn't get stolen. Also, it's like a canvas tent. It breathes, it's waterproof (except at points of contact).

I use it to keep my chromed Meriden bike outside in summer, protects from dew, light rain, stuff thrown over my wall, and pigeon droppings. Wouldn't use it for this bike all year. Very good for what you want though. Protects from sun, beady eyes, does not scorch on hot pipes.

And it's durable. Had it decades.
Houston is so humid, especially during 70 percent of the year. Heard someone refer to the Texas Gulf Coast as the “armpit the world”. Granted armpit of the USA would be more accurate.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom