OBD II on T-Bitd LT

Flynstone

Local time
Yesterday, 23:27
First Name
Flynstone
My Ride
2014 Thunderbird LT
Can I safely use a standard OBDII on my 2014 LT? I use OBD-2 software with a USB to OBD adaptor for my cars. Don’t want to fry my cpu.

Thx

Not sure. I know the ECU is locked on the T'bird LT and Commander, and can only be accessed by a Certified technician. So I would check with your closest Triumph dealer before attempting this.

Qship,
Im not interested in making modifications, i’d leave that to a mechanic. Just looking to read error codes.

The Triumph dealer would be the one to consult on this. I can only tell you what I know and that's limited as there is very little info out there about accessing the Triumph ECUs on our bikes.
Black magic voodoo stuff.
Heck, I can't even bleed the brakes and change the fluid on my own as the ECU has to be accessed for that to open up bypass valves in the ABS.

Yes, pretty ridiculous they keep it a secret. And trial and error could be expensive. If I find out I’ll let you know
Thx

Use Dealer Tool....comes with cable compatible with Triumph. Std OBDII is not to my knowledge

Yes, pretty ridiculous they keep it a secret. And trial and error could be expensive. If I find out I’ll let you know
Thx
Look for someone who sells recoded Systems , as happens , when someone loses the Key.

Also Locksmiths have to have it , fix all vehicles when they need too.
Ask them...
Sometimes software companies , sell software for Laptops.

Chris

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom