keystiger

The Joker
Local time
Today, 03:37
First Name
Adrian
My Ride
2005 Triumph Tiger, British Racing Green--the fastest color
Morning (evening -- afternoon....depending)

my 2005 Tiger 955i has been DOWN for 2 months now -- making me rather a cranky bastard..... The issue --- a "simple" radiator cap
Factory part number

Manufacturer Part#​

T2100074

NO ONE here in the states has one in stock all back ordered --- and for at least 4 months now no one has had a clue WHEN they will be getting one.

Does anyone here have access to one -- have a spare one--- know where I can find an alternate or know what brand/option of radiator cap I can purchase non o.e.m. that would work for the same model ???
-- Im guessing triumph did not MANUFACTURE this part as a proprietary item -- they sourced them from a cap maker .... I just need to find out what is a compatible alternative.

Ive even looked at BUYING a complete radiator JUST TO GET THE DAMN CAP -- but hey in 2022 they dont sell them as a SET! :cautious::X3a:

Thank you in advance for any assistance --- this is prime riding time in Florida and the Tigress is sadly idle .......... HELP !!!

Dammit. That sucks, Keys. Sometimes dealers have them sitting on the shelves and not listed in the national database. If that is the part # listing you have, I will try a couple of dealers up this way for you.

Thanks Q -- that would be great!!!
I have a used parts dealer in Ohio who has a dozen of them -- but -- no part number verifications-- they came off of Thunderbirds---sprints---trophy---legend ... etc etc

Who woulda thought the ol Girl would sidelined for a radiator cap!

If there are none in the US then I doubt there are any in Canada either since we are a much smaller market.
I think you'll have to start searching the net and try to establish a connection with dealers in England.

If you can cross reference the Legend/Sprint/Trophy, maybe same part # and you can get one from the boneyard. Maybe @triumph david can assist as he used to deal in the rad industry.

I have one more place to check, but it's in BC so not open until 2 PM my time.

Maybe check these two places in Ontario Canada;

I already checked GP Bikes in Oshawa, Ontario.

FYI, Walridge Motors only deal in British vintage bike parts and stock nothing for modern bikes of any brand.

Ive heard i can cross reference to common car rad cap-- Subaru Toyota or Honda-- but I hope to get some mroe specific guidance before just spending months "buying and trying" till I find one that works -- I would aslo think any of the 955i Line ... (speed triple--daytona etc) would have the same cap?? -- but that would be the same PN from Triumph

Called International Motorsprts in BC. Nada! Hot tip though.....
Munroe Motors in San Francisco(415 626 3496) shows a listing for 1 in stock.
Motorcycle Center in Illinois(637 782 2018) shows having 2 in stock.
Hope this helps.

Well done Q. I hope he finds one TUP TUP

Great research, Q!

Called International Motorsprts in BC. Nada! Hot tip though.....
Munroe Motors in San Francisco(415 626 3496) shows a listing for 1 in stock.
Motorcycle Center in Illinois(637 782 2018) shows having 2 in stock.
Hope this helps.
Well DONE!!! THANK YOU!!! -- will call both first thing tomorrow and report back!!!

Well DONE!!! THANK YOU!!! -- will call both first thing tomorrow and report back!!!
The San Francisco shop, Munroe Motors, should still be open at this time, 3:48PM PDT. ;)

yep called................. and NOPE they dont have it ,........incorrect inventory info-- NOTHING on the shelf :cry:

Illinois it is ......................

yep called................. and NOPE they dont have it ,........incorrect inventory info-- NOTHING on the shelf :cry:

Illinois it is ......................
:y48:

NO DICE FROM ILLINOIS .......... :(

IT happens -- was a long shot at an Indian Dealer anyway ;)
Thanks for the assist.

I am going to have to find some info on the actual cap --as I say I KNOW there are 100's of OTHER vehicles that same cap goes on ....Triumph is not designing and manufacturing a proprietary 1 off cap ..................

A direct call to TRIUMPH MC America in Ga.........gets no answer to the phone ringing........except a recording that says we appreciate your patience.....then it starts ringing again .......(I let this cycle 4 times before hanging up-------

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom