Staff
Local time
Today, 16:10
First Name
Carl
My Ride
2020 Bonneville T120 Black
Riding Since
The name Thruxton was borrowed by Triumph from the beautiful original by Velocette
Velocette

Velocette-Thruxton-Venom-1967.jpg

velo1.gif

velo2.gif

sammy_velocette_thruxton.jpg

Velocett%20thruxton-69.jpg

Of course I know that everybody knew this but it was just an excuse to put here some nice photos

jmv2006

http://s15.zetaboards.com/Triumph_Motorbike_Di/topic/78543/1/#new

Posts from the original thread:

Ok well I will admit it I did not know this and the photos are also great - DaveM

here are five Velocette Venom's in this area just like photos 2 & 3.
One bike night they all showed up at the same time and it was quite a sight to see and hear.
Rocky

25-Velo-Thruxton.jpg

I like the innovative :y15: solutions like the regulation of the rear suspension jmv2006

I must admit I never really don't liked the look of the fishtail pipes much - DaveM

I think it's wonderful that these old machines are still around and running, but they look "cluttered" in and around the engine to me. That fishtail muffler is a bit odd too.
Compared to the neat BSA and Triumph the engine areas I find the Velo too busy - or something - but that's just me.
Rocky

Rocky
I think it's wonderful that these old machines are still around and running, but they look "cluttered" in and around the engine to me. That fishtail muffler is a bit odd too.

Compared to the neat BSA and Triumph the engine areas I find the Velo too busy - or something - but that's just me.

I agree 100%, Rocky!
The same was the case with Royal Enfield and Norton Engines. The Norton shift lever, for instance, was almost the size of a Triumph’s kick start.

Actually the Triumph and BSA engines were very graceful.
Triumph650engine.jpg

jmv2006

The Velocette never did it for me either. I much preferred the lines of Triumph and BSA.
Carl S

Actually, both companies took the name from the Thruxton race circuit. They were both promoting their Thruxton championship bikes, as in the Daytona & Bonneville.

Yes, you are correct.

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom