Fuel reserve petcock question.

I always ran in the on position. If it started sputtering, I would turn it to reserve and start hunting a gas station. That was a habit from back in the 60’s.

I painted the little arrow on my petcock red.
Pointing straight down is "on" and now it's easier to see where the arrow is pointing.
I always turn the petcock to "off" when I park it overnight, a couple of days, etc. - and of course sometimes forget to turn the gas on when I ride away BGRIN
Been there and done that! BGRIN

I think it just means it’s a fuel valve. The arrow doesn’t turn in that direction. It only goes res, off, an on. If I’m not sure how much I have I put it on RES as well.
Thanks. I figured out after I had posted that the switch is bad. It actually goes round and round and stays on reserve all the time. This bike is new to me and my '79 fuel valve is either off or on. However, I love this 2008 T100. Great bike.

Thanks. I figured out after I had posted that the switch is bad. It actually goes round and round and stays on reserve all the time. This bike is new to me and my '79 fuel valve is either off or on. However, I love this 2008 T100. Great bike.
One more question. My 2008 T100 has gaiters that need replacing. Do they go from the bottom fork upward or do I have to remove the handlebars, etc. and go downward. I could simply cut them off but they look great on this bike so I need to put new ones on. I love riding my '79 Bonneville but will have to admit that the T100 is a better bike on long trips.

One more question. My 2008 T100 has gaiters that need replacing. Do they go from the bottom fork upward or do I have to remove the handlebars, etc. and go downward. I could simply cut them off but they look great on this bike so I need to put new ones on. I love riding my '79 Bonneville but will have to admit that the T100 is a better bike on long trips.
I’ve only read how it’s done. Thought about doing it myself. It describes removing the wheel and also disconnect the top end. I believe each strut tube is removed, the gaiter installed and the front end reassembled. Haven’t done it so my description may be a bit foggy.

I’ve only read how it’s done. Thought about doing it myself. It describes removing the wheel and also disconnect the top end. I believe each strut tube is removed, the gaiter installed and the front end reassembled. Haven’t done it so my description may be a bit foggy.
That's how I remember installing them on my 2003 T100. I had help from one our now deceased members.

Here’s me turning from off to reserve. And pointing down. Is the six o’clock position fully open? Or something else?
View attachment 45037
That looks like my scrambler (2007) in which the arrow down (6 o'clock) is fuel, arrow up (12 o'clock) is reserve and the arrow forward (9 o'clock).

Premium

Support TriumphTalk by becoming a Premium Member.

What You Get

Donate

Search

Back
Top Bottom